Jacquelyn-Kate Rosenfeld (known as JK by her friends) is the proud owner of this exceptionally clean red M3 - her favorite color. Mike, from Eurowise introduced us to JK and we were really excited to have a female car enthusiast to feature for once. We emailed with JK for a week or so getting the details all ironed out for a photo shoot and getting to know each other. This is what we found out about her...
What got me into cars:
Ever since I can remember I have been fascinated and in awe of cars. The clean lines, the sounds, smells, and sensations all mesmerize me. I grew up hearing the wild adventures of my Dad, a Legal and Accident photographer for the Registry of Motor Vehicles in Boston where I grew up. He is the best driver I know-- I look up to him in every way. He has a passion, a real joy in his voice whenever he reminisces about his own baby, a 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet with Ram Air. A real powerhouse! When I was younger I couldn’t even imagine that kind of passion, but I knew I wanted it. When I found my M3, I finally knew exactly how my Dad felt.
How I began modifying:
The first time I realized an M3 could look better than stock was in an underground garage up in Boston. A guy in a Titanium Silver E46 M3 drove by me, and stopped to talk. Now one of my good friends up in Boston, his car was gorgeous and menacing at the same time, with BBS RS-GT wheels, custom suspension and a SuperSprint exhaust. There was no looking back!
I realized the Harman/Kardon speakers in my car weren’t cutting it, so I decided to begin making changes. I turned to Sound in Motion, the absolute best high-performance car audio tuner in the North East. They did phenomenal custom work for me and turned my vision into a reality. From there it was an addicting cyclone that I am sure you know well—how can you ever really stop? Most recently, since I moved to Charlotte about 8 months ago, Eurowise has been the undisputed premier European shop to help with maintenance and further modifications to my car.
I am a pretty big nerd! I loved college and I read about two books per week. I love everything about Boston: my family, friends, the history, the bars, and of course the Red Sox! I also love baking cupcakes and going out for sushi with friends.
2002 Imola Red/Imola Red BMW E46 M3
• Alpine IVA W505 double DIN DVD receiver and 7’’ touch screen display
• Alpine NVE-N872A DVD ROM car navigation
• Alpine KCE-300BT Bluetooth interface
• Eclipse BEC 106 reverse camera
• MB Quart 6.5’’ Front Speakers and 5.25’’ Rear Speakers
• Alpine interface adapters for two iPods and one USB
• Alpine MRV F545, 4ch Amplifier, 125WX4, 500WX2 HP/LP/BP cross over
• JL Audio Stealthbox Custom Subwoofer enclosure
• JL Audio 8IB4 Subwoofer
Radar & Alarm:
• K40 radar detector plus LD 5500 laser diffuser PLUS
• VIPER 5000 XV 2 way responder Remote Alarm with LCD remote, keyless entry & Starter Kill & 10 distinct sensors
• SuperSprint Race Exhaust Muffler
• HRE 890R custom rims, 19x9 with 1.5’’ lip on the front and 19x10 with 3’’ lip on the rear. With brushed aluminum spokes and polished lips, all clear-coated.
• Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires
• OEM CSL/ZCP Brake upgrade, with larger cross-drilled rotors and high gloss black calipers
• Stainless braided brake lines
• Akebono performance ceramic brake pads
• KW Variant 2 Coilover system
• Umnitza Predator Chromium Angel Eyes
• DEPO smoked corners
• FormulaOne 35% Pinnacle window tint
**All Sound, Radar & Alarm work was completed by Derek and Jim at Sound In Motion located in Allston, MA.
** Brakes & Suspension by Mike at Eurowise in Charlotte, NC