Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The New Guy

My name is Rett and this will be my first attempt at blogging. I am the newest contributor to Urbanflth, I will be covering some local cars and local events. I promise to help bring the most unique and eye-catching rides to you guys. Now a little about me... Coming from a small town, with a huge import scene, it really wasn't that difficult for me to get into cars. My father was a gear head and all my cousins growing up were,"Street Racers." After graduating from high-school, I acquired my first car I could call my own; a 2008 Nautical Blue Metallic Scion tC.



"17x9 et17 Drag Dr-31 Gunmetal Wrapped in 215/40/17 Kuhmo Ecsta
Lowered RL coilovers and held by TRD sways"


 
The modding life for me happened quickly. It started with the basics; springs, window tint, exhaust, etc. Then, I really got into it after seeing all the plain tC's driving around. I opted for a RS1 full lip kit to set me apart from the others. Complimented with 07 tails, S2000 antenna, and APT fog lights.

 

 
I was happy with the tC but after awhile, the look got old and boring. I was introduced into the flush scene by a friend who also shared the same passion as myself. We finally realized that, "WOW! So that's what makes a car so much sexier then our cars!" Before you knew it, I had coilovers, low offset and wide wheels. I was doing fender mods including, rolling, pulling and shaving. I worked hard and slaved for weeks. The end result: an I/S/O feature by Anh Tuan and Steve from Team RPM and also an upcoming feature from Urbanflth. Now all i can say is I'm extremely happy... for now...

 

 

 
"WOW! So that's what makes a car so much sexier then our cars!"

 
I am truly honored to become part of a locally known blog. My photography skills are mediocre, but I hope to learn from Ryan and Sid. These guys are talented and I feel lucky to be working with them. Join us as we cover the most anticipated, southeast event this fall: Insane Stance and Offset Round II. Stay tuned.



-UrbanFlth Rett

1 comment:

  1. dude, your cars been my desktop background for months, I just found a new pic on google and brought me to this page, I have an 09 blue ribbon metallic, got the lip, trd springs, trd short throw trd sway bars ect, just orderd fog lights and the badge less grille, lookin into wheels simaler to yours, maybe gold maybe white haven't decided, but not to jock your style, being that im in new Hampshire anyways, I like your ride. good work

    ReplyDelete